Megalis 20mg (Tadalafil)
|Megalis 20mg (Tadalafil) x30 30||$1.9||$57.00|
|Megalis 20mg (Tadalafil) x60 60||$1.5||$90.00|
|Megalis 20mg (Tadalafil) x90 90||$1.25||$112.50|
|Megalis 20mg (Tadalafil) x180 180||$1||$180.00|
|Megalis 20mg (Tadalafil) x360 360||$0.9||$324.00|
Megalis is a medication prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. Erectile dysfunction is a condition characterized by the inability of men to get and maintain erections when sexually excited. In this medication condition, a penis has no enough blood to fill it with to expand and harden. This conditions happen to most men but it’s usually not a cause for concern. But if it becomes bothersome, a man should see a healthcare provider.
Megalis 20 contains 20mg of Tadalafil as its active ingredient. It helps increase blood flow to the penis to help men get and keep erections for a satisfactory sexual activity. It specifically works by blocking the PDE5 enzyme to increase levels of cGMP thus causing smooth muscle relaxation and blood vessel widening. Sexual stimulation is needed to for this medicine to cause an erection.
Megalis 20 is manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Megalis 20 is contraindicated to patients who are allergic to the active ingredient Tadalafil and to any of the inactive ingredients of the medication.
Megalis 20 is also contraindicated to patients using the following medications:
- Medicines for pulmonary arterial hypertension like Riociguat
- Nitrates in any form, for heart problems
- Recreational drugs containing nitrates
Combination of these medications may cause a serious decrease in blood pressure.
Men who are not allowed to have sexual activity due to health reasons must not use Megalis 20.
Warnings and Precautions
Before taking Megalis 20, it is best to consult a healthcare provider to know if it’s safe to use. A patient must inform a healthcare provider if any of these medical conditions apply:
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
- Heart problems
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
- Degenerative eye problems
- Stomach ulcer
- Bleeding and blood cell problems
- Injured or deformed penis
- History of stroke and heart attack in the past 6 months
Megalis 20 may also interact with other medications such as:
- Some antibiotics
- Some antifungals
- Antiviral medications for HIV and hepatitis C
- Seizure medications
Avoid using other medications for erectile dysfunction while taking Megalis 20.
Caution is advised when driving or operating hazardous machineries for Megalis may cause dizziness and vision changes.
This drug is not approved for use by women and children. It must be used by men aged 18 years and above.
Megalis and Alcohol
Drinking large amounts of alcohol while taking Megalis may increase the chance of experiencing side effects like dizziness, headache, fast heartbeat, and low blood pressure. It is best to avoid drinking alcohol.
Megalis and Grapefruit
Avoid consuming grapefruit products while taking Megalis for it may lead to undesirable side effects.
Consult a healthcare provider to get the right dose of Tadalafil to use. Tadalafil tablets may be used on an as needed basis or used daily, depending on the tablet’s dose. The recommended dosages of Tadalafil are as follows:
- An initial dose of 10mg once a day, as needed at least 30 minutes prior to sexual activity
- Maintenance dose may be adjusted between 5mg to 20mg depending on the patient’s response and tolerance to the drug
The drug has been shown to improve erectile dysfunction for up to 36 hours when used as needed.
Once a day
- An initial dose of 2.5mg once a day at same times each day without regard to time of sexual activity
- Maintenance dose may be adjusted between 2.5mg to 5mg depending on a patient’s response and tolerance to the drug
A tablet of Megalis 20 must be used only as needed. It must be taken orally, swallowed whole with a glassful of water. It may be taken without regard for food as it will not affect the drug’s efficacy. Intake must not exceed one dose per day. It is unlikely that a dose will be missed because 20mg of Tadalafil must only be used as needed.
Megalis 20 does not cure erectile dysfunction, increase a man’s sexual desire, protect a man from sexually transmitted diseases, nor serve as a male form of birth control.
Sexual stimulation is needed for an erection to occur with this medication.
The most common side effects that Megalis 20 may cause include dizziness, headache, indigestion, back and muscle pain, flushing, and stuffy or runny nose. These side effects usually go away after a few hours. Back and muscle pains are usually experienced by men 12 to 24 hours after taking Megalis. These two side effects usually go away after 2 days. A healthcare provider must be notified if any of these common side effects persist or worsen.
Intake of Megalis 20 must be stopped and emergency medical help is needed if any of these side effects occur:
- A painful erection or an erection that lasts more than 4 hours. This side effect must be treated immediately for it can cause permanent damage to the penis.
- Vision changes or sudden loss of vision
- Sudden decrease or loss in hearing
- Heart attack symptoms such as pressure or pain on chest, pain spreading to the jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction such as hives, itching, rash, difficult breathing, swelling of face, throat, or tongue
Notify a healthcare provider if any of these symptoms occur:
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of hands, ankles, or feet
This is not a complete list of side effects. Consult a healthcare provider for more information on Megalis side effects.