Forzest 20mg (Tadalafil)
|Forzest 20mg (Tadalafil) x30 30||$2.2||$66.00|
|Forzest 20mg (Tadalafil) x60 60||$1.75||$105.00|
|Forzest 20mg (Tadalafil) x90 90||$1.5||$135.00|
|Forzest 20mg (Tadalafil) x180 180||$1.4||$252.00|
|Forzest 20mg (Tadalafil) x360 360||$1.2||$432.00|
Tadalafil is prescribed to treat erectile dysfunction or the inability of men to get and keep an erection and to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) such as the difficulty in urination, painful urination, and urinary urgency and frequency. It is also used to improve the ability of people with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) to exercise.
Forzest contains 20mg of Tadalafil as its active ingredient. Erectile dysfunction occurs when there is not enough blood in the penis to cause it to harden and expand. Tadalafil is a PDE5 inhibitor that specifically works by blocking the action of the enzyme PDE5 in breaking down cGMP. With increased levels of cGMP, the muscles are relaxed and blood vessels widened, to improve and increase blood flow to the penis, thus causing an erection.
Forzest will not produce an erection on its own. Sexual stimulation must be present to start the natural process of erection, and the medication will serve as an aid to the erection process. The action of Tadalafil in improving blood flow also improves symptoms of BPH and PAH.
Forzest is manufactured by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
Tadalafil tablets may be taken on an as needed basis or on a daily basis, depending on the dose. The recommended dose of Forzest are as follows:
For erectile dysfunction, as needed:
- An initial dose of 10mg orally, once per day as needed, about 30 minutes before sexual activity. Maintenance dose may be adjusted based on individual efficacy and tolerance, from 5mg to 20mg once per day, as needed, before sexual activity. A dose of Tadalafil must not exceed one per day.
For erectile dysfunction, once daily:
- Initial dose must be 2.5mg orally, once daily at same times each day, without regard to the time of sexual activity. Maintenance dose may be adjusted from 2.5mg to 5mg once daily.
For erectile dysfunction and benign prostatic hyperplasia:
- A dose of 5mg orally, once daily at same times each day, without regard to the time of sexual activity.
The above doses are simply guidelines. One must first consult a physician to get the right dose.
A tablet of Forzest must be taken orally, swallowed whole with a glass of water. It may be taken without regard for food. If the medication is taken on a daily basis and a dose is missed, take the missed dose as soon as remembered, but skip the missed dose if it’s almost time for the next dose.
Forzest is contraindicated to patients with known hypersensitivity to the active ingredient Tadalafil and to all inactive ingredients.
Men advised not to engage in sexual activity due to health reasons must avoid using Forzest. Sexual activity can put a strain on the heart, especially to those with heart problems.
This medication is also contraindicated to patients taking other medicines for PAH such as riociguat, taking nitrates for chest pain or heart problems, and recreational drugs containing nitrates such as amyl nitrite (“poppers”). Taking Forzest with the drugs mentioned can lead to a serious drop in blood pressure.
Aside from a medication’s beneficial effects, it can also also cause unwanted side effects. Common side effects caused by Forzest include headache, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, muscle or back pain, flushing, sinus pain, sore throat. Some of these symptoms subside after a few hours or a few days. A physician must be notified if these symptoms persist or worsen.
If any of these symptom appear, a physician must be notified:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of hands, ankles or feet
- Feeling of lightheadedness or passing out
- Ringing in the ears or sudden loss of hearing
Taking of Forzest must be stopped and emergency medical help is needed is these side effects occur:
- Painful erection or prolonged erection lasting more than 4 hours
- Vision changes or sudden loss of vision
- Heart attack symptoms including pressure or pain in chest, pain that spreads to the jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- Signs of allergic reaction such as hives, rash, itching, difficult breathing, swelling of face, throat, mouth, tongue
Consult a physician for a complete information on Forzest side effects.
Warnings and Precautions
Before taking Forzest, it is important to know if the drug is safe for use. A physician must be informed of all other medical conditions, medical history, and all other medications being taken or have taken, as it may help determine the correct dosage and safe use of the drug.
A physician must be informed if any of these medical conditions apply:
- History of priapism
- Any condition affecting the shape of the penis
- Dehydration caused by diarrhea, vomiting, or excessive sweating
- High cholesterol
- High or low blood pressure
- Irregular heartbeat
- Heart attack
- Stomach ulcer
- Bleeding or blood cell disorder
- Blood circulation problem
- Heart, liver and kidney problems
- Family or personal history of eye problems
A physician must also be informed of all other medications as it may interact with Forzest and cause adverse effects:
- Alpha blockers
- Some antifungals
- Some antibiotics
- Antivirals for HIV or Hepatitis C
- Seizure drugs
- Other drugs for erectile dysfunction
- Other drugs for high blood pressure
- St. John’s wort
Consult a physician for a complete list of drug interaction with Forzest.
Forzest is not intended for use by women and children below 18 years.
Forzest and Alcohol
Drinking alcohol while taking Forzest is not recommended as the combination may increase the risk of side effects such as dizziness, headache, fast heartbeat, and low blood pressure.
Forzest and Grapefruit
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with the active ingredient Tadalafil and may cause undesirable effects. Combination is not recommended.