Floxip 500 (Ciprofloxacin)
|Floxip 500 (Ciprofloxacin) x30 30||$1.4||$42.00|
|Floxip 500 (Ciprofloxacin) x60 60||$1.2||$72.00|
|Floxip 500 (Ciprofloxacin) x90 90||$0.9||$81.00|
|Floxip 500 (Ciprofloxacin) x180 180||$0.7||$126.00|
|Floxip 500 (Ciprofloxacin) x360 360||$0.4||$144.00|
Floxip 500 mg tablet is an antibiotic that helps in the treatment of a wide variety of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis, anthrax, plague, urinary tract, skin, joints, and bones etc. It is also used in the treatment of gastrointestinal infections. This drug is not recommended for use in case of common infections such as cold, flu, cough since it is active against infections caused by bacteria only. This medication should be used with caution for the older people as it maximizes the risk of tendon rupture and tendinitis.
Why Floxip 500 (Ciprofloxacin) is a recommended product?Bronchitis
Floxip 500 mg tablet is used for the treatment of bronchitis which is an inflammation of the lining in the bronchial tubes caused by Haemophilus influenza, Streptococcus pneumonia, and some Mycoplasma pneumonia.
This medication is used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia which is a most common kind of lung infection caused by Haemophilus influenza or Streptococcus pneumonia.
This medication is used in the treatment of plague (a serious bacterial illness) caused by Yersinia pestis.
This medicine is used for the treatment of anthrax (rare but serious bacterial illness) caused by Bacillus anthracis.
The drug is used in the treatment of a gonococcal infection (a sexually transmitted bacterial infection) caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
The medicine is used to treat infections of bone and joint caused by Enterobacter cloacae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Serratia marcescens, etc.
Gastroesophagal Reflux Disease
The drug is used for the treatment of a reflux disease where acid from the stomach and bile irritates the food pipe.
Pneumonia with cystic fibrosis
Floxip 500 mg medication is used in the treatment of pneumonia with cystic fibrosis (an inherited disease that causes thick mucus to build up in the lungs and promotes the growth of bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus and Hemophilus influenza).
Floxip 500 mg medicine has several contraindications that should be taken in considerations before the usage:Myasthenia gravis
Floxip 500 mg medication is not recommended for patients with a family history of myasthenia gravis (weakness and muscles fatigue under voluntary control) due to the higher chance of worsening of the patient’s condition.
This drug is not recommended for use in patients with an allergy to ciprofloxacin, pantoprazole, any inactive ingredients, any fluoroquinolones present along with it.
Tendinitis or tendon rupture
This medicine is not recommended for patients with a known history of tendinitis or tendon rupture (a state in which the tissue connecting muscles to the bones becomes inflamed) due to the greater risk of getting patient's condition worst.
Warnings and precautions
- • Before the usage of Floxip 500 mg tablet, tell your physician if you are allergic to its ingredients. Your doctor may prescribe an alternative drug and update your medical records to record this information.
- • A patient should not take Floxip if he/she has a history of several allergic reactions such as breathlessness, rashes, and swollen eyes to similar antibiotics (nalidixic acid, lomefloxacin, ofloxacin, moxifloxacin).
- • Not recommended Ciprofloxacin for pregnant women.
- • Do not give Ciprofloxacin to children below the age of 18 years unless prescribed by the doctor.
- • Floxip 500 mg medication comes as capsule, tablet, and syrup to take by mouth.
- • It comes as a solution (for injection) to be injected by a doctor into the vein. It comes as eye/ear drops to introduce over the affected areas.
- • Floxip 500 is taken with or without food. Drink plenty of water while taking Floxip 500.
- • Tell your doctor if you cannot swallow the whole tablet. Do not split, crush or chew the tablet.
- • Floxip 500 is commonly used at the same time every day (morning and evening). The normal prescription dose for Floxip 500 mg for adults is 250-750 mg every 12 hours.
- • The typical dose of Floxip 500 for adults is 250-750 mg and for children is 10-20 mg/kg every 12 hours.
- • The drug is usually used for a period of 7-14 days for urinary tract infections, 7-14 days for lower respiratory tract infections and 10 days for typhoid fever.
Besides its benefits, some side effects may be associated with the usage of Floxip 500 mg tablet:
- • Belly pain
- • Upset stomach
- • Diarrhea
- • Tear and irritated tendons
- • Joint pain
- • Runny nose
- • Nausea
- • Vomiting
Some severe side effects that may be occurred but very rare including:
- • White patches in the mouth/tongue
- • Abdominal pain
- • Numbness in the hands
- • Muscle pain
- • Fever with chills
- • Ringing/buzzing in the ears
- • Tightness in the chest
- • Swollen face, lips, hands, eyelids, feet
- • Skin rash
- • Anorexia
If you found any serious severe side effects, you should consult your doctor to avoid any further reactions.