Filitra Professional (Vardenafil)
|Filitra Professional (Vardenafil)x30 30||$1.7||$51.00|
|Filitra Professional (Vardenafil)x60 60||$1.2||$72.00|
|Filitra Professional (Vardenafil)x90 90||$1.05||$94.50|
|Filitra Professional (Vardenafil)x180 180||$0.9||$162.00|
|Filitra Professional (Vardenafil)x360 360||$0.75||$270.00|
Filitra Professional contains 20mg of the active ingredient Vardenafil. This drug is a phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitor that is commonly used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. With the aid of sexual stimulation, the drug helps men achieve and maintain erections by improving blood flow to the penis. The active ingredient inhibits the action of the enzyme PDE5 in breaking down cGMP, which is actually responsible for the relaxation of smooth muscles, allowing better blood flow to the penis.
This drug does not provide cure for erectile dysfunction and does not increase sexual desire in men. It does not provide protection from sexually transmitted diseases and does not prevent pregnancy.
Filitra Professional is manufactured by Fortune Health Care Ltd.
The use of Filitra Professional is contraindicated to patients with known allergy to the active ingredient Vardenafil, and all inactive ingredients of the tablet.
This drug must not be used by men advised to avoid sexual activity due to heart problems.
Other conditions that contraindicate the use of this drug are as follows:
- Severe liver and kidney problems
- Hereditary degenerative eye problems
- Heart attack, stroke or life-threatening irregular heartbeat in the past 6 months
- History of irregular heartbeat
- Heart problems, low or high blood pressure
This drug is also contraindicated to patients using this drugs:
- Antiarrhythmic drugs
- Nitrates of any form
- Other PDE5 inhibitors and Vardenafil containing drugs
- Recreational drugs
Warnings and Precautions
It is important to inform a physician of all medical conditions and all other medications being taken as these may interact with Filitra Professional. A patient must inform a physician of the following health concerns:
- deformed penis
- blood cell problems
- conditions that increase risk of priapism
- history of prolonged and painful erection
- history of eye problems
- history of hearing problems
- history of liver and kidney problems
- history of bleeding problems or blood vessel problems
- personal or family history of heart attack, stroke or irregular heartbeat
- heart problems
Filitra Professional may interact with the following medications:
- alpha blockers may increase risk of low blood pressure, dizziness, lightheadedness and fainting
- antiarrhythmic drugs may increase risk of irregular heartbeat
- azole antifungals, macrolide antibiotics, HIV protease inhibitors may increase the risk of Vardenafil side effects
- Rifampin may reduce the effectiveness of Vardenafil
- St John’s wort affects drug metabolism, thus reducing drug levels and effectiveness
Filitra Professional must not be used by women, especially pregnant or breastfeeding, and children below 18 years. Elderly patients may be more sensitive to the effects of the drug, caution is advised.
Caution is advised when driving, using machineries and doing activities that need alertness, because the drug can cause dizziness and vision changes.
Filitra Professional and Alcohol
The combination of Filitra Professional and alcohol may worsen the side effects caused by the drug, such as dizziness, drowsiness, fainting, blurring of vision, lightheadedness and fainting. Alcohol consumption is best avoided.
Filitra Professional and Grapefruit
The combination of Filitra Professional and grapefruit may increase blood levels of the drug which in turn increase the risk of side effects. Consumption of grapefruit and grapefruit juice is best avoided.
Filitra Professional comes as a sublingual tablet. The sublingual tablet must be placed under the tongue to dissolve 30 minutes before sexual intercourse. It takes effect quickly than standard tablet form as the drug is quickly absorbed in the bloodstream as it dissolves under the tongue. The drug may be taken with or without food in stomach. Only 1 tablet must be taken in a day, and doses must be taken at least 24 hours apart. Filitra Professional must only be used as needed, it is not intended for daily consumption. Sublingual tablets of Vardenafil can not serve as a substitute for regular Vardenafil tablets.
The usual initial adult dose of Vardenafil is 10mg once a day as needed, about an hour before sexual activity. The maximum dose of Vardenafil is 20mg per day. Patients on stable alpha blocker therapy must not initiate therapy on sublingual tablets.
Consult a physician to get the appropriate dosage of this drug as it may vary from one patient to another. The dose may be adjusted by a physician depending on the patient’s response to the medication. It is important to remember that this drug will only work with the presence of sexual stimulation.
Common side effects of Filitra Professional include:
- Clogged or runny nose
- Upset stomach
Urgent medical attention is needed if any of the following serious side effects occur:
- painful erection or erection lasting more than 4 hours
- vision changes or sudden loss of vision
- ringing in ears or sudden loss of hearing
- severe allergic reaction with symptoms of hives, itching, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lips, tongue, throat
- symptoms of heart attack including severe dizziness, pain on chest, neck, shoulder, jaw or left arm, fainting, numbness of arm or leg
- symptoms of stroke like confusion, vision or speech changes, one-sided weakness, fainting
- irregular heartbeat
Patients with heart problems are at a higher risk of heart-related side effects of the drug. Prolonged erection may be rarely caused by the drug even when not having sexual intercourse. If ignored, it could cause more permanent damage such as impotence.
Consult a physician for a complete information on Filitra Professional side effects. Report any unusual effects that may occur while taking the drug.