Caverta 100mg (Sildenafil)
|Caverta 100mg (Sildenafil) x30 30||$2.5||$75.00|
|Caverta 100mg (Sildenafil) x60 60||$2.2||$132.00|
|Caverta 100mg (Sildenafil) x90 90||$2||$180.00|
|Caverta 100mg (Sildenafil) x180 180||$1.8||$324.00|
Caverta is used to treat men with erectile dysfunction or impotence whatever the cause of the medical problem and despite how long the medical problem has been affecting the patient. Caverta contains 100mg of Sildenafil citrate. This drug helps men with erectile dysfunction to attain and keep an erection when sexually stimulated. A man will not get an erection by simply taking the medication. Sexual stimulation must be present in order for the medication to work. Caverta helps with erectile dysfunction by relaxing the muscles to increase blood flow to particular areas of the body, including the male penile organ.
Caverta is manufactured by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
Caverta is contraindicated to patients with known hypersensitivity to the active drug Sildenafil, any of the inactive ingredients of Caverta.
It is also contraindicated to patients taking the following:
- Medicines to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension like riociguat
- Nitrate drugs of any form, for chest pain or heart problems
- Recreational drugs containing nitrates like amyl nitrate or amyl nitrite
Taking Caverta with the following drugs can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure.
Men who are advised not to engage in sexual activity due to health problems must not take Caverta.
Warnings and Precautions
Before a patient starts taking treatments for erectile dysfunction, a physician must be consulted to know whether one is healthy enough to take such medications. A physician must be notified of any of the following medical conditions before starting treatment:
- Any heart problems
- Recent history of stroke, heart attack, or congestive heart failure in the past 6 months
- Low or high blood pressure
- History of vision loss
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
- Blood problems
- Physical deformity of penis
- Stomach ulcer or bleeding problem
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- If advised not to engage in sexual intercourse due to health reasons
Some medicines can interact with Caverta. A patient must inform a physician of all other medications being taken or have recently stopped taking. Drugs similar to Sildenafil (Caverta) like avanafil, tadalafil, or vardenafil must not be used concomitantly. Other drugs used to treat impotence like alprostadil or yohimbine must not be used without consulting a physician first. Other drugs that may interact with Caverta include, but not limited to:
- Some antidepressants like nefazodone
- Some antibiotics like clarithromycin, erythromycin
- Some antifungals like itraconazole, ketoconazole
- Antihypertensive drugs or prostate disorder drugs
- Antivirals for Hepatitis C or HIV
For a complete list, consult a physician.
Caverta and Alcohol
Drinking alcohol while taking Caverta may increase the risk of certain side effects. It is best to avoid concomitant use with alcohol.
Caverta and Grapefruit
Grapefruit products may interact with Sildenafil (Caverta) and cause side effects. It is best to avoid consumption.
Caverta must be taken exactly as prescribed by a physician. Caverta is usually taken only as needed, about 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to sexual activity. It may also be taken 4 hours prior to sexual activity.
The usual adult dose of Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction is:
- • Initial dose of 50mg once as needed, about 1 hour prior to sexual activity
- • Maintenance dose of 25mg to 100mg once as needed, about 1 hour prior to sexual activity
The usual geriatric dose for erectile dysfunction is:
- • Initial dose of 25mg once a day, as needed 1 hour prior to sexual activity
Aside from geriatric patients (aged above 65 years), the following should also start with a smallest dose of Caverta:
- • Patients taking protease inhibitors like HIV medications
- • Patients with prostate and blood pressure problems
- • Patients taking alpha blockers
The prescribed dose must only be taken once per day, as needed. The tablet must be swallowed whole, with a glassful of water. Taking the medication after a high-fat meal will delay its effects.
It is unlikely that a dose will be missed since Caverta must be used on an as needed basis.
Urgent medical help is needed if a serious allergic reaction occurs, with symptoms of hives, breathing difficulty, and swelling of face, lips, throat, or tongue.
When a patient gets dizzy, nauseated; have pain, numbness or tingling spreading in chest, neck, jaw, or arms; and sweating during sexual activity, these may be signs of a heart attack. The patient must stop and notify a physician right away. Irregular heartbeat, heart attack, stroke, and death have been rarely reported by men taking Caverta, most of which have histories of heart problems.
The use of Caverta must be stopped and a doctor must be notified if any of the serious side effects occur:
- • Sudden decrease or loss of vision
- • Sudden decrease or loss of hearing or ringing in ears
- • Irregular heartbeat
- • Swelling of hands, ankles, or feet
- • Shortness of breath
- • Lightheadedness or fainting
- • Painful erection or erection lasting more than 4 hours
Less serious and more common side effects include:
- • Stuffy nose
- • Headache
- • Warmth, redness, or flushing of face, neck, or chest
- • Memory problems
- • Back pain
- • Stomach upset
- • Vision changes
Consult a physician for more information on Caverta side effects.